|Business | Curriculum for Excellence |S1 & S2
Being skilled in Business and ICT is essential if our young people are to be effective contributors, and to communicate and interact on a larger scale. Business Studies at Clydebank High will develop Curriculum for Excellence Experiences & Outcomes from within a number of curriculum areas:
The department is committed to working collaboratively with colleagues across the curriculum areas to promote business and ICT skills.
- Technologies - Using ICT to Enhance Learning; Business Contexts for Developing Technological Skills and Knowledge;
- Social Studies – People in Society, Economy and Business;
- Numeracy – Number, Money and Measure; Information Handling;
- Literacy – aspects of Listening, Talking, Reading and Writing – set within the contexts of other curriculum areas;
- Health and Well-Being – Planning for Choices and Changes – set within themed ICT projects.
Whatever the career pathway or progression route, business education enhances individual effectiveness and establishes firm foundations for lifelong learning and for further specialist study and careers.
S2 Business Studies